Watch the bush come to life as a new day dawns. Catch a fleeting glimpse of the nocturnal game as they settle down for the day and enjoy your morning coffee watching the first rays of sun touch the African plain. As you enjoy the waking hours we inspire the history and legacy of safari and ensure that you have a vivid understanding of the adventure that lies before you. Our guides are not only experts on the land and its wildlife but also its heritage and folklore. We want our Safarras to experience the Kruger National Park both visually, imaginatively and emotionally. We will seek out its wildlife. We will go in search of the legendary Big 5. What we cant see we will anticipate but ultimately you will leave thrilled, connected and in touch with this majestic home of African safari adventure.
- Professional bush guide with Open Safari Vehicle
- Morning Safaris are 6 to 7 hours in duration
- Blankets and Rain Ponchos on vehicle should the weather change
- Children six years and older are welcome
- Safari cappuccino on your vehicle
- Refreshing Safaria still water
- Vehicle Wifi
- Personal Safaria sightings journal
- Rates include VAT
- Excludes Kruger National Park Conservation & Entrance fee (KNP International fee is R328 per person)
- Transfer to Park gate (Guest can either self-drive, arrange resort shuttle to gate or request Safaria transfer)
- Breakfast & Lunch
- Guide Gratuity
Our Half-Day African Sunrise Safari greets the dawn chorus at 06h00am
Guests will either self-drive to the designated Kruger Park Gate or have their accommodation transfer them for the early morning start. To ensure that our guests get the most out of their safari drive we recommend departing from either Phabeni or Numbi gate. These gates are located within 10km of Hazyview being the closest main town.
Our guests are kindly requested to pre-sign the Safaria Indemnity form as well as provide ID to their resort or lodge in advance so that we can ensure a quick and easy access through the Parks gates on the morning your safari.
We will enter the gates shortly after there opening (05h30 in summer and 06h00 in winter) but not before enjoying an illy safari cappuccino and listening to the magnificent morning sounds of the African bush.
Our professional guides will introduce you to the splendour of the Kruger National Park and reading the mornings tracks and signs will pick up on the nights activity.
Between 08h30 to 09h15 we will stop at one of the rest camps for breakfast (all meals for your own account) before heading out again into the bush.
We again stop for lunch at 12h00.
Whilst in the rest camps we will unpack some of the history and iconic landmarks in the camp areas and close vicinity. Part of the magic of Kruger is understanding her history and events that shaped the land.
After lunch we will return back to the designated Gate entrance around 13h00pm where you will be collected by your resort or lodge transport and returned to enjoy your sundowners after a day on safari.
The adventure of Safari is often unpredictable so we advise that our guests kindly bring with them the following:
- A good bush hat for summer months or warm beanie in winter
- Comfortable shoes
We don't recommend for heavily pregnant women or persons recovering from recent back or hip injuries/surgery.
What to Wear:
Months: September to April
Cool functional attire preferably in dull darker shades to create uniformity with vehicle and not stand out visually to game species. Always remember a good hat as well as sunscreen. Midday temperature Summer s can reach upward of 40 degrees and afternoons can experience thunder showers. All vehicles are equipped with blankets and waterproof ponchos for our guests.
Winter Months: May to August
During the winter months we typically experience blue skies with a daily average temperature of 20 - 25 degrees celcius. Early morning and late afternoons are cooler and we recommend warmer attire as this is amplified when travelling on an open safari vehicle. We do provide blankets but long pants, jacket and beanie are recommended.
We have a partnership with Trappers Trading Co. locally and can facilitate any clothing or technical wear requirements with prior notice.
Going onGoing on Safari has always been an exciting but inherently risky adventure. For this reason any guest traveling with Safaria Trading (Pty) Ltd enters the Kruger National Park or any other of the Private Game Reserve at their own risk. An indemnity form is a mandatory requirement and must be signed by every guest when entering the The Kruger National Park or any of the other Parks and Reserves used by Safaria. By acceptance and payment of any Safari offered by Safaria Trading Pty Ltd and its staff, Safaria cannot be held liable for any circumstance or situation that is beyond our control that may influence or negatively affect the quality of Wildlife Sightings and the general Safari experience. Examples of this may be extreme or adverse weather conditions, road closures in the park as well as the surrounding communities, disruptive and unprofessional behavior from outside guests or patrons. Safari has always been an exciting but inherently risky adventure. For this reason any guest traveling with Safaria Trading (Pty) Ltd enters the Kruger National Park or any other of the Private Game Reserve at their own risk. An indemnity form is a mandatory requirement and must be signed by every guest when entering the The Kruger National Park or any of the other Parks and Reserves used by Safaria. By acceptance and payment of any Safari offered by Safaria Trading Pty Ltd and its staff, Safaria cannot be held liable for any circumstance or situation that is beyond our control that may influence or negatively affect the quality of Wildlife Sightings and the general Safari experience. Examples of this may be extreme or adverse weather conditions, road closures in the park as well as the surrounding communities, disruptive and unprofessional behavior from outside guests or patrons.
We will endeavor to seek out the finest wildlife sightings and create the most memorable experiences but sadly Safaria cannot guarantee that we will successfully track or locate the Big 5 or any specifically requested species. What is certain is that our guides will use there their knowledge and experience to bring our guests as close as possible to the unforgettable memories that Africa and the Kruger National Park is able to provide.
We strongly advise that our guests bring with them the typical Safari gear to see and capture those unforgettable sightings but sadly we cannot be held liable for and damage or loss caused to any personal items particularly photographic equipment and binoculars. This also includes any personal luggage held whilst on Safari. Should any of our guests personal items be left in the vehicle we will endeavor to have it returned however the owner will be liable for any costs incurred.
Please note that a booking is only considered 100% confirmed once payment, in full, for the individual or Safari group has been received and acknowledged by Safaria.
Cancellation policy: (Day Safari)
- We require full payment 2 days prior to going on Safari
- Should there be a cancellation received after payment has been made and within 3 workings days of going on Safari, this will incur a 50% cancellation fee.
- Any booking that is cancelled within 24 hours of departure will incur a 100% cancellation fee.
- In the case of a cancellation where a 3rd party, Lodge, Destination or Operator is involved, such as accommodation, flights, transfer shuttles or coaches, the prevailing Lodge, destination or Operators cancellation policy will apply.
On acceptance and payment of your Day Safari you willingly acknowledge and accept the following conditions:
1. I voluntarily agree to participate in the afore-mentioned activity arranged and provided by Safari Trading Pty Ltd and conducted in the Kruger National Park and surrounding areas.
2. My general health is good and there is nothing that renders me unfit to participate in the afovementioned activity.
3. I acknowledge that there are risks and danger involved in the aforementioned activity.
4. I understand that I will be transported by an Open Safari vehicle, which is exposed, and subject to the natural elements and road conditions.
5. I am aware of the hazards and distribution of malaria in Southern Africa and acknowledge that I will be entering a malaria area.
6. I am aware of the potential dangers of exposure to the sun - directly or indirectly - and that serious sunburn may result from unprotected exposure.
7. I accept Safaria Trading Pty Ltd as well as SANParks conditions of participation and I voluntarily assume the risk inherent in taking part in such a tour. I together with my heirs, executors and administrators hereby release Safaria Trading Pty Ltd, its officers, servants, agents and representatives, from any liability, in connection with my participation in any tour, and from any liability or claims that could accrue to me or my heirs, executors and administrators arising out of my participation in the tour or in any related activities irrespective of whether such claim or claims arose through the negligence of any person, or from any of the risks, dangers or hazards inherent in an African Safari tour, or of any loss of, or damage to, any property from any cause whatsoever and I further indemnify and hold harmless Safaria Trading Pty Ltd.
For Lodge Bookings:
Provisional bookings will hold for a maximum of 7 days after which there will be an automatic release of the space.
Safaria Reserved Rights
In the event that Safaria, at any time, receives another firm enquiry, accompanied by the payment of a 25% deposit, seeking available accommodation being held by any of the lodges in its collection for the Guest, then Safaria reserves the right to request the Guest to immediately release the said accommodation; or Pay a non-refundable deposit to the relevant lodge in the sum equivalent to 25% of the full account, so as to secure the reservation.
In the event of a refund, the final refund payment will exclude bank charges / currency fluctuations incurred when payment was received by Safaria. This however, does not include credit card merchant charges.Safaria. This however, does not include credit card merchant charges.
Travel Cancellation Insurance
Guests are obliged to ensure that they have taken out (or the travelling guest has taken out) adequate travel insurance to cover the financial implications of Safaria and its Lodges Cancellation Terms and Conditions. The Guest will bear the sole and absolute responsibility therefore.implications of Safaria and its Lodges Cancellation Terms and Conditions. The Guest will bear the sole and absolute responsibility therefore.
General Accommodation Cancellation Policy:
(Please note that the prevailing Lodges Cancellation Policy will apply)
The HALF DAY KRUGER NATIONAL PARK Safari
As South Africa’s premier “Game Reserve”, The Kruger National Park is a bucket list destination for the avid adventure traveller, Safari lover and wilderness aficionado. With a near 20,000sq km of pristine wilderness that has been virtually untouched in 100 years, it’s a piece of Africa that every visitor needs to experience. With just under 1% of its land mass being utilised for tourism is really gives the traveller a sense of old Africa and what better way to do that but to plan a Safari.
As the Premium Kruger Park Safari Operator, Safaria offers guests a variety of Day Safari and Overnight Safari packages into the Kruger Park that have been crafted with a finer touch on focus on a more focus more personalized and private safari experience. This is key to what differentiates the Safaria experience of the Kruger National Park from many other operators. Our Safaris are not tours but journeys in the true sense of the word and every Safari is one of exploration and observation. We offer guests a Private Kruger Park Safari experience in that we don’t collect different guest groups from different destinations but maintain a exclusive and Private Kruger Park guest experience. If you are travelling alone, as couple, family or extended family, we focus your safari on you and your specific group. We customise your itinerary and craft your journey with an individual touch. No two Day Safaris are the same.
What is Private Kruger Park Day Safari
Visiting the Kruger National Park is always a very special and exciting experience. There is no better way to see the Kruger than on a Open Safari Vehicle with an expert guide. Being in an Open Safari Vehicle connects you far more closely to environment and having an expert Guide ensure that your visual experience is enhanced with knowledge of the terrain, fauna and flora. You Guide serves as the connection between you and the environment, reading every situation and trying to create unforgettable moments.
A Private Safari immediately sounds costly but often is the same price or similar to those who offer mixed group tours. Private Kruger Park Day Safaris offer guests a more focussed and in-depth experience. All round it’s a far better experience having your own vehicle to yourself with an expert guide and miles of wilderness to explore. The day is about you, your partner or family and we make sure that our guests have a fun filled, exciting and educational experience that doesn’t follow specific tour route our time frame.
A Half Day Kruger Park Safari with Safaria
For guests wanting to have all the enjoyment and excitement of a Kruger Park Safari but not wanting to spend the entire day out on Safari, then the Half Day Safari is perfect for you. There has always been much talk around what is the best time of day to enjoy Safari and when can you see the most active animal species. The answer to this would be based on opinion but practically an early start is always best. In the summer months the temperature can reach 30 Degrees from 9am in the morning so getting out early has its benefits and once the midday heat sets in returning to the poolside with a cold beverage can also be a great idea. Half Day Safaris are also recommended for families with young children and is long enough to have great sightings but also not to long. In winter Half-Day Safaris would be better of being changed to Full Day Safaris as the temperature is perfect to journey all day and also more time around water holes creates wonderful sightings opportunities.
What can I see on a Half Day Kruger Park Safari
With 147 mammals, 500 Birds, 2400 types of plant species and over 100 years of history, there is a tremendous amount to see, experience and learn. We create every Safari experience around 3 words. Explore, Observe and Conserve. Being in one of the greatest African wilderness areas, there is so much to share and discover. One of the most exciting aspects of any Kruger Park Safari is that one never truly knows what may happen next. It’s for this reason that we need to explore our surroundings and immerse ourselves in the wildness of Kruger. Whilst your Guide will unpack the ecology and system dynamics they will also share knowledge around species, signs and sightings. It’s in these moments that we observe. As the great naturalist John Muir once said “ in every walk with nature one receives for more than he seeks. So taking our time to allow our sense to enjoy each sighting is critical.
Our Half Day Safaris make the most of the sunrise and enter the gates from 05h30am. Dependent on the gate of entry we will immediately start to explain the savannah system by discussing the geology and how it effect’s the plant life and how this in turn influences the wildlife. During the early hours we increases our chances of seeing certain species that are specifically active at this time of day, like Wilddog but also predators maximising the cooler part of the day to hunt. Early morning heralds the birding dawn chorus and for our twitchers it’s a wonderful time to go looking for a wide variety of bird species.
Our breakfast brunch stops are at specific camps and guests can either enjoy their lodge packed breakfast or enjoy something from a restaurant menu. These stops are roughly an hour, as we want to spend as much time on Safari as possible. After our breakfast brunch stop we will follow the water looking for game as they come down for their mid morning drink.
Our Half Day Safaris are the prefect opportunity to experience the best of the Kruger National Park on a luxury Open Safari Vehicle in the exclusive company of your group. During the course of your morning you will have the dedicated attention of an expert Guide who show you and teach you the man wonders of the magical wilderness.
The Half Day Sunrise Safari Itinerary
Once your booking has been confirmed and collection arrangements agreed, your Full Day itinerary will be as follows:
• 05h30am collection from lodge in Hazyview or 06h00am Collection from Gate
• 06h05 Pre-drive briefing with a Safaria Coffee
• 06h15am Enter the Kruger National Park
• 09h00am Breakfast stop and comfort break at one of the Main Camps
• 10h00am Back on Safari (Explore the Thorn Thickets)
• 13h30pm Back on Safari (Follow the Rivers)
• Professional bush guide with Open Safari Vehicle
• Ulendo Safari are 6 to 7 hours in duration
• Blankets and Rain Ponchos on vehicle should the weather change
• Children 3 years and older are welcome
• Safari cappuccino on your vehicle
• Refreshing Safaria still water
• Refresher towel
• Safaria Vehicle Wifi
• Personal Safaria sightings journal to capture your day
• Excludes Kruger National Park Entrance fee (we recommend including)
• Transfer to Park gate (Guest can either self-drive, arrange resort shuttle to gate or request Safaria transfer)
• Breakfast & Lunch
• Guide Gratuity