This 4 Day Safari into the Greater Kruger National Park will take you on a full journey along the Panorama on route to your Private Safari Lodge in the Timbavati. This Mid-Budget Safari offers exceptional value with you on private transfer, expert Panorama guide 3 Nights at a private lodge in the Timbavati Game Reserve and access to some of the finest Big 5 game viewing in the region.
Panorama & Private Lodge Safari
Duration:3 Nights & 4 Days
Price: From R21,950 per person
(Includes specified entrance fees - max 4)
Big 5 Safari
Year Round Travel
We will be arrange to collect you from either OR Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg or your accommodation in JHB and then transfer you in your own private SUV through to the Greater Kruger National Park region.
Your journey will take you along the world famous and incredibly beautiful Panorama on route to your Lodge. ON teh route you will see and learn exactly how the escarpment played such an important role in the establishment of the region and your guide will take you to key destination. These include :
- Graskop Gorge
- God's Window
- Wonder View
- Lunch at Boskombuis
- 3 Rondawels
On arrival at the lodge, you’ll be shown to your accommodation and there after enjoy leisurely sundowner before being seated for your evening dinner. Dinner is seated outside (weather permitting) whilst you also enjoy the crackle of a boma fire. After dark all the sound of the savanna night life will filter through the camp in anticipation of the next mornings sunrise drive.
Day 2 & 3
The next two days will be made up of a combination of early morning game drives, bush walks, afternoon sunset drive and insights into a few local primitive bush skills. On arrival your lodge manager and head guide will discuss these options with you and confirm itinerary.
Your sunrise safari begins early with tea and coffee being served just before first light. You will then enjoy a morning drive out in Big 5 territory searching for signs of these iconic animals. Your guide and tracker will establish a route based on the previous days information and together with the fresh morning signs will do their best to bring you close to these wondrous creatures.
On your morning safari, wether walking or on the open safari vehicle, you will have every opportunity to engage a wide variety of species which include general game such Impala, Kudu, Zebra, Elephant and Buffalo as well as Lion, Leopard and Wilddog.
After your sunrise safari you will return to camp and either have leisure time around the camp and pool or enjoy a few primitive bush skill sessions with your head guide. Lunch will be served on the deck followed by afternoon tea and snacks before heading out at 4pm on your afternoon sunset night drives.
Your afternoon safari drive will take advantage of the last rays, cooler temperatures and heightened activity. As the sun sets and the sundowners flow, the spotlights go on and guests enjoy an intimate view of the life in the savanna after dark. With the nocturnal species beginning their evening rituals, you stand a chance to see the rarer and more elusive animals such as Galagos, Owls, Genets and Civets, Hyenas and Leopard.
Arriving back at camp you will enjoy a drink fireside before the dinner bell rings and a delicious meal is shared in the boma. After dinner the evening is at your leisure and your guides may share wonder-filled stories of life in the savanna.
Your guided activities :
- All your guides and trackers are qualified experts on the region and its flora and fauna
- Your open safari vehicles can accommodate maximum of 6 guests and are completely open
- Both your drives and walks are usually around 3hrs each
- Important that you have the correct attire and we do suggest taking the following :
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Clothing that is season appropriate and of neutral colour
- A good bush hat, sunscreen and sunglasses
- Binoculars and camera with charging equipment
- In the summer months we recommend early morning walks when the weather is cooler and afternoon safari drives. In the winter months these can be done at either activity interval. Just ask the lodge manager on your arrival and they will guide you on this one.
Note: Children of 12 year's and older may participate on the guided game walks. We do recommended that guests who are older than 65 provide a medical approval that approves their participation on walking safaris.
After your final morning safari or bushwalk you will make your way back to the lodge and enjoy your breakfast before collection and return transfer to either Eastgate Airport in Hoedspruit or back to Johannesburg and OR Tambo Airport.
Your transfer collection and drop off times will be coordinated with your flight details or following itinerary plan.
All rates on our website are provided to give you a price estimate only and should not be viewed as being final. Rates are subject too and can change as a result of availability and any 3rd party amendments. We do our best to stay on top these but certainly accommodation availability is always a possibility. It is intended to be a guideline, but rest assured our goal is to secure the best rate and accommodation possible. Please contact us to get an accurate quotation for the time of travel.
- Three nights accommodation in luxury en-suite safari tent in the Timbavati
- Early morning coffee/tea & eats; brunch; high tea; dinner; game drive snacks.
- Fully inclusive dinner, bed and breakfast
- Waters and soft drinks included (local alcohol available at own cost)
- 2 guided game activities daily
- Combination of daily guided game walks and/or drives
- Expert guides and trackers
- Private guided road transfer in spacious SUV
- Full Panorama tour on route to Lodge
- Alcoholic beverages
- Items of a personal nature
- Travel insurance