Private Vehicle Game Drives
We Pick up at selected Kruger Park Rest Camps
Duration: 6 to 10 Hours
Price: From R3,000 for the vehicle
(Excludes KNP entrance fee, Min2 / Max 7 as per SANParks protocol)
Our Private Kruger Park Game Drive is for our fellow South Africans that have been cooped up in Lockdown and have dreamt of nothing more than spending quality time in the Kruger National Park. We know that most South Africans enjoy a self-drive but why not come and enjoy the true freedom of a Open Safari Vehicle and let your Guide help increase your knowledge of the Park by teaching you things you never knew.
Open Safari Vehicle
Big 5 Encounters
Shops & Curio
Year Round Travel
What our guest's say :
""As a South African who has been blessed to not only travel the world playing and commentating on international cricket and also to spend many days in wonderful places within our country, I can honestly say that I look forward to nothing more every single time than spending time with Andrew Wagner in the Kruger Park. His knowledge of the Park and all its offerings cannot be surpassed. He is the best in the business of taking people out into the Kruger Park. Having invited friends and family to join us on occasions, they constantly remind me of their amazing experiences with Andrew and Safaria. Nothing is too much trouble. I cannot recommend Andrew enough and will vouch for his service at every opportunity"."
- Professional bush guide with Open Safari Vehicle
- Ulendo Safari are 9 to 10 hours in duration
- Blankets and Rain Ponchos on vehicle should the weather change
- Children two years and older are welcome
- Safari cappuccino on your vehicle
- Refreshing Safaria still water
- Refresher towel
- Vehicle Wifi
- Personal Safaria sightings journal
- Rates include VAT
- Excludes Kruger National Park Conservation & Entrance fee
- Transfer to Park gate (Guest can either self-drive, arrange resort shuttle to gate or request Safaria transfer)
- Breakfast & Lunch
- Guide Gratuity
Guests will either self-drive to the designated Kruger Park Gate or be collected from their accommodation on Open Safari Vehicle as long as its within 20km of one of the main Kruger Park Gates. To ensure that our guests get the most out of their Safari we recommend accessing from either Paul Kruger, Phabeni or Numbi gate or Malelane Gate. We can operate from Orpen Gate or Crocodile Bridge on request.
Prior to entrance into the Park guests are required to complete the SANParks and Safaria Indemnity forms and must have copies of ID or Passport on hand to present to gate officials. Your guide will handle your entrance process to ensure a quick and easy access.
We will enter the gates shortly after there opening (05h45 in summer and 06h15 in winter) but not before your pre-drive briefing whilst enjoying a safari cappuccino and listening to the magnificent morning sounds of the African bush.
Our professional guides will introduce you to the splendour of the Kruger National Park and reading the mornings tracks and signs will pick up on the nights activity.
Between 08h30 to 09h15 we will stop at one of the rest camps for breakfast (all meals for your own account) before heading out again into the bush. During each stop we turn on our Safaria vehicle WiFi and give our guests an opportunity to share their experiences with their global family.
We again stop for lunch at 12h00 (usually at Skukuza)
Whilst in the rest camps we will unpack some of the history and iconic landmarks in the camp areas and close vicinity. Part of the magic of Kruger is understanding her history and events that shaped the land.
After lunch, we head off on the last stretch of the days safari until 16h00 when you will return back to the same Gate that your entered through.
Guest Pick up times and details:
05h00am (October to March) 05h30am (April to September)
Guest Pick up times apply to White River, Hazyview and surrounding accommodation within 20km of one of the main gates.
Protea Hotel Kruger Gate and Pestana Hotel : Pick up time 15min before gate opening.
Pick Up from Park camps such as Skukuza, Pretoruiskop or Berg en Dal are 30 minutes after park entrance gate opens (06h30am)
Duration: 7 hours (depending on sightings or prior arrangements)
Should guests not have included their KNP CONSERVATION FEES, these are to be paid in cash on arrival at the entry gate:
* R30 for the Open Safari Vehicle. * SANParks Wildcards are welcome and offer free entry to RSA residents * SA - Adults (WITH ID) – R83.00 Children under 12 - R42.00 * SADC Nationals - Adults (With Passport) – R166.00 Children under 12 - R83.00. * International – Adults – R331.00 Children under 12 - R166.00 (Above rate are valid until end October 2018)
- A good bush hat for summer months or warm beanie in winter
- Comfortable shoes
We don't recommend for heavily pregnant women or persons recovering from recent back or hip injuries/surgery.
What to Wear:
Months: September to April
Cool functional attire preferably in dull darker shades to create uniformity with vehicle and not stand out visually to game species. Always remember a good hat as well as sunscreen. Midday temperature Summer s can reach upward of 40 degrees and afternoons can experience thunder showers. All vehicles are equipped with blankets and waterproof ponchos for our guests.
Winter Months: May to August
During the winter months we typically experience blue skies with a daily average temperature of 20 - 25 degrees celcius. Early morning and late afternoons are cooler and we recommend warmer attire as this is amplified when traveling on an open safari vehicle. We do provide blankets but long pants, jacket and beanie are recommended.
We have a partnership with Trappers Trading Co. locally and can facilitate any clothing or technical wear requirements with prior notice.
Departure Point:Click on name for direction
Kruger National Park Gates:
(Close to Nelspruit) Malelane Gate GPRS
(Close to Hazyview) Numbi Gate GPRS | Paul Kruger Gate GPRS | Phabeni Gate GPRS
Kruger National Park Gates:
(Close to Nelspruit) Malelane Gate GPRS
(Close to Hazyview) Numbi Gate GPRS | Paul Kruger Gate GPRS | Phabeni Gate GPRS
We will endeavour to seek out the finest wildlife sightings and create the most memorable experiences but sadly Safaria cannot guarantee that we will successfully track or locate the Big 5 or any specifically requested species. What is certain is that our guides will use there their knowledge and experience to bring our guests as close as possible to the unforgettable memories that Africa and the Kruger National Park is able to provide.
We strongly advise that our guests bring with them the typical Safari gear to see and capture those unforgettable sightings but sadly we cannot be held liable for and damage or loss caused to any personal items particularly photographic equipment and binoculars. This also includes any personal luggage held whilst on Safari. Should any of our guests personal items be left in the vehicle we will endeavour to have it returned however the owner will be liable for any costs incurred.
Please note that a booking is only considered 100% confirmed once payment, in full, for the individual or Safari group has been received and acknowledged by Safaria.
Cancellation policy: (Day Safari)
- We require full payment prior to going on Safari
- We require full payment prior to going on Safari. Any booking that is cancelled within 30 Days prior to departure will incur a 100% cancellation fee. Bookings cancelled more than 31 - 60 days prior to departure will incur a 50%cancellation fee.
- In the case of a cancellation where a 3rd party, Lodge, Destination or Operator is involved, such as accommodation, flights, transfer shuttles or coaches, the prevailing Lodge, destination or Operators cancellation policy will apply.
On acceptance and payment of your Day Safari you willingly acknowledge and accept the following conditions:
1. I voluntarily agree to participate in the afore-mentioned activity arranged and provided by Safari Trading Pty Ltd and conducted in the Kruger National Park and surrounding areas. 2. My general health is good and there is nothing that renders me unfit to participate in the above mentioned activity. 3. I acknowledge that there are risks and danger involved in the aforementioned activity. 4. I understand that I will be transported by an Open Safari vehicle, which is exposed, and subject to the natural elements and road conditions. 5. I am aware of the hazards and distribution of malaria in Southern Africa and acknowledge that I will be entering a malaria area. 6. I am aware of the potential dangers of exposure to the sun - directly or indirectly - and that serious sunburn may result from unprotected exposure. 7. I accept Safaria Trading Pty Ltd as well as SANParks conditions of participation and I voluntarily assume the risk inherent in taking part in such a tour. I together with my heirs, executors and administrators hereby release Safaria Trading Pty Ltd, its officers, servants, agents and representatives, from any liability, in connection with my participation in any tour, and from any liability or claims that could accrue to me or my heirs, executors and administrators arising out of my participation in the tour or in any related activities irrespective of whether such claim or claims arose through the negligence of any person, or from any of the risks, dangers or hazards inherent in an African Safari tour, or of any loss of, or damage to, any property from any cause whatsoever and I further indemnify and hold harmless Safaria Trading Pty Ltd.
For Lodge Bookings:
Provisional bookings will hold for a maximum of 7 days after which there will be an automatic release of the space.
Safaria Reserved Rights
In the event that Safaria, at any time, receives another firm enquiry, accompanied by the payment of a 25% deposit, seeking available accommodation being held by any of the lodges in its collection for the Guest, then Safaria reserves the right to request the Guest to immediately release the said accommodation; or Pay a non-refundable deposit to the relevant lodge in the sum equivalent to 25% of the full account, so as to secure the reservation.
In the event of a refund, the final refund payment will exclude bank charges / currency fluctuations incurred when payment was received by Safaria. This however, does not include credit card merchant charges.Safaria. This however, does not include credit card merchant charges.
Travel Cancellation Insurance
Guests are obliged to ensure that they have taken out (or the travelling guest has taken out) adequate travel insurance to cover the financial implications of Safaria and its Lodges Cancellation Terms and Conditions. The Guest will bear the sole and absolute responsibility therefore.implications of Safaria and its Lodges Cancellation Terms and Conditions. The Guest will bear the sole and absolute responsibility therefore.
General Accommodation Cancellation Policy:(Please note that the prevailing Lodges Cancellation Policy will apply)
As the Premium Kruger Park Safari Operator, Safaria offers guests a host of Day Safari and Overnight Safari packages into the Kruger Park that focus on a more personalized and boutique safari experience. What makes us different is matter of both the “who” and the “how”. It comes down to who we are and how we make you feel. We follow a family philosophy around Safari and from our experiences have established a narrative around story telling and educating our guests. Our Safaris are not tours but journeys in the true sense of the word and every Safari is one of exploration and observation. The two main ingredients that we place the most emphasis on is the quality of Guiding and then making sure our guests are seated on the finest vehicles in operation. These two ingredients provide the very platform to ensure that our guests have a memorable experience.Here are a few questions that are regularly asked and we want to help answer them for you.
How to choose your Day Safari Operator
Choosing the right Day Safari operator all starts with your own expectations of the Safari experience that you want to have. With a wide variety of operators to choose from it’s important to do your research as they vary from a 3Star to a 5Star. Quality operators have a standard and that’s usually clear in the quality of vehicles operated as well as website, product descriptions, booking platform and up to date social media platforms. Ticking all of these boxes would mean you have found a quality operator.
What Safaria aims to do is set the standard in being the Premium Kruger Park Day Safari Experience and we do it by making sure that we offer the very best in every aspect. From our vehicles and guides to our digital presence and booking functionality. Doing the basics well are key but the real benchmark is the way in which we conduct our Safari and our passion to share our knowledge of the Savannah in an informative and professional manner. This is what really differentiates a quality Safari from a Tour.
Book your Kruger National Park Safaria Experience
Our Safaria website offers guests a variety of Day Safari products that allows them to review the Safari, download the PDF as well as book and pay the selected Safari on the requested date through a secure credit card pay link. Our online booking platform is hosted by Nights-Bridge who are a reputable destination booking solution giving you piece of mind that your booking and payment are professionally handled. Once you have booked an automated email will come through to your provided email address and the owner will personally respond within a few hours confirming your booking. Should you rather wish to send an enquiry this will also be treated with urgent attention. All enquiries can be sent to [email protected]
Which is the best Kruger Park Day Safari
Safaria offer a range of day safari packages but the most popular is the Full Day Ulendo Safari. We would also recommend this for the simple reason that there is so much to see in the Kruger Park that one really does need a full day to experience it. With such incredible diversity and such wonderful history and heritage, your guide needs a full day to share with you this iconic wilderness and its past.
The Safaria Full Day Ulendo Safari
This Full Day Safari Tour offers guests the best opportunity to see the Kruger National Park, its diverse landscapes and most importantly its wildlife. With a Full Day your expert guide has more time to share the wonders of the Kruger National Park
As sun slowly begins to rise over the Kruger National Park, our guests are collected from Paul Kruger Gate, Phabeni Gate, Numbi Gate or Malelane Gate. These pick up times are confirmed prior but are usually between 05h30am and 06h00am. Guests staying in Hazyview can be collected from their accommodation and guests without transport can book a transfer from their accommodation to the closest gate. Prior to your departure we would request copies of each guests Passport via email so that we pre-arrange your access into the Park. After all if you only have a day why waste valuable time queuing when you should be exploring.
After the pre-drive safety discussion you will begin your bush Ulendo. ‘Going-to-bush’ and discovering the Kruger Park over a full day, is an extraordinary experience. Waking with all of its wildlife and watching as they go about their daily journey, our guides will interpret and share with you their story. We want our Safarras to experience the Kruger National Park visually, imaginatively and emotionally. For this very reason our guides are not only experts on the land and its wildlife but also its heritage and folklore.
As you journey your guide will start to share all of these wonders. You will seek out its wildlife and go in search of the legendary Big 5. On Ulendo you will learn the story of Kruger the people and cultures that created this mystical place.
The Full Day Ulendo Safari Itinerary
Once your booking has been confirmed and collection arrangements agreed, your Full Day itinerary will be as follows :
• 05h30am collection from lodge in Hazyview or 06h00am Collection from Gate
• 06h05 Pre-drive briefing with a Safaria Coffee
• 06h15am Enter the Kruger National Park
• 08h30am Breakfast stop and comfort break at one of the Main Camps
• 09h15am Back on Safari (Explore the Thorn Thickets)
• 12h30pm Lunch and comfort break at one of the Main Camps
• 13h30pm Back on Safari (Follow the Rivers)
• 16h00pm Return to the Gate on entry
• Professional bush guide with Open Safari Vehicle
• Ulendo Safari are 9 to 10 hours in duration
• Blankets and Rain Ponchos on vehicle should the weather change
• Children 3 years and older are welcome
• Safari cappuccino on your vehicle
• Refreshing Safaria still water
• Refresher towel
• Safaria Vehicle Wifi
• Personal Safaria sightings journal to capture your day
• Excludes Kruger National Park Entrance fee (we recommend including)
• Transfer to Park gate (Guest can either self-drive, arrange resort shuttle to gate or request Safaria transfer)
• Breakfast & Lunch
• Guide Gratuity
Kruger Park Game Drive ?
We’ve never had a local South African that hasn't been blown-away by our Private Guided Kruger Safaris. Sure we understand that our fellow countrymen enjoy exploring Kruger on a self-drive, but believe it or not there is so much to Kruger that your missing. An Open Vehicle Safari or as we better know it locally, a Game Drive, really offers you a very unique connection to Kruger. Its one thing to drive around in a closed vehicle and feel connected to bush, but in a Open Safari Vehicle your experience of Kruger is amplified 100%. Like you, we love Kruger, in fact we are little obsessed with Kruger and thats what makes us different. Our Safari style is the complete opposite of the typical Big 5 Crusade. Yes, sure we love seeing them but our approach is more holistic in that we like to educate our clients on Kruger itself and that includes all the wildlife but also the rich history and heritage mixed together with ancient bush wisdoms and old Kruger memories. This for us is the real Kruger experience and why we are considered a leading nature-based, Private Kruger Safari experience.