The Kruger National Park has long been recognised as an iconic destination for wildlife photography. Visited by photographers from around the globe, its incomparable landscapes, vivid and contrasting colours, diverse variety of fauna and flora all culminate for a sensational photographic subject.
Duration: 10 Hours
Price From: R 1,450 per person
(Excludes KNP Conservation Levy)
- Professional bush guide with Open Safari Vehicle
- Photographic Safaris are 10 hours in duration
- Blankets and Rain Ponchos on vehicle should the weather change
- Unless requested this drive is not recommended for Children
- Refreshing Safaria still water
- Refresher towel
- Vehicle Wifi
- Personal Safaria sightings journal
- Rates include VAT
- Excludes Kruger National Park Conservation & Entrance fee (KNP International fee is R328 per person)
- Transfer to Park gate (Guest can either self-drive, arrange resort shuttle to gate or request Safaria transfer)
- Camera equipment (this can be sourced through African Photographic Services - Rent today.)
- Breakfast & Lunch
- Guide Gratuity
Guests will either self drive to the designated Kruger Park Gate or have their accommodation transfer them for the early morning start. To ensure that our guests get the most out of their safari drive we recommend departing from either Phabeni or Numbi gate. These gates are located within 10km of Hazyview being the closest main town.
Our guests are kindly requested to pre-sign the Safaria Indemnity form as well as provide ID to their resort or lodge in advance so that we can ensure a quick and easy access through the Parks gates on the morning your safari.
We will enter the gates shortly after there opening (05h30 in summer and 06h00 in winter) but not before enjoying an illy safari cappuccino and listening to the magnificent morning sounds of the African bush.
Our professional guides will introduce you to the splendour of the Kruger National Park and reading the mornings tracks and signs will pick up on the nights activity.
Between 08h30 to 09h15 we will stop at one of the rest camps for breakfast (all meals for your own account) before heading out again into the bush. During each stop we turn on our Safaria vehicle WiFi and give our guests an opportunity to share their experiences with their global family.
We again stop for lunch at 12h00 (usually at Skukuza)
Whilst in the rest camps we will unpack some of the history and iconic landmarks in the camp areas and close vicinity. Part of the magic of Kruger is understanding her history and events that shaped the land.
After lunch we head of on the last stretch of the days safari until 16h00 when we will return back to the designated Gate entrance where you will be collected by your resort or lodge transport and returned to enjoy your sundowners after a day on safari.
- A good bush hat for summer months or warm beanie in winter
- Comfortable shoes
We don't recommend for heavily pregnant women or persons recovering from recent back or hip injuries/surgery.
What to Wear:
Months: September to April
Cool functional attire preferably in dull darker shades to create uniformity with vehicle and not stand out visually to game species. Always remember a good hat as well as sunscreen. Midday temperature Summer s can reach upward of 40 degrees and afternoons can experience thunder showers. All vehicles are equipped with blankets and waterproof ponchos for our guests.
Winter Months: May to August
During the winter months we typically experience blue skies with a daily average temperature of 20 - 25 degrees celcius. Early morning and late afternoons are cooler and we recommend warmer attire as this is amplified when travelling on an open safari vehicle. We do provide blankets but long pants, jacket and beanie are recommended.
We have a partnership with Trappers Trading Co. locally and can facilitate any clothing or technical wear requirements with prior notice.
Departure Point:Click on name for direction
Collection at either of the following Kruger National Park Gates:
Numbi Gate GPRS | Paul Kruger Gate GPRS | Phabeni Gate GPRS
Drop-Off at either of the following Kruger National Park Gates:
Numbi Gate GPRS | Paul Kruger Gate GPRS | Phabeni Gate GPRS
We will endeavor to seek out the finest wildlife sightings and create the most memorable experiences but sadly Safaria cannot guarantee that we will successfully track or locate the Big 5 or any specifically requested species. What is certain is that our guides will use there their knowledge and experience to bring our guests as close as possible to the unforgettable memories that Africa and the Kruger National Park is able to provide.
We strongly advise that our guests bring with them the typical Safari gear to see and capture those unforgettable sightings but sadly we cannot be held liable for and damage or loss caused to any personal items particularly photographic equipment and binoculars. This also includes any personal luggage held whilst on Safari. Should any of our guests personal items be left in the vehicle we will endeavor to have it returned however the owner will be liable for any costs incurred.
Please note that a booking is only considered 100% confirmed once payment, in full, for the individual or Safari group has been received and acknowledged by Safaria.
Cancellation policy: (Day Safari)
- We require full payment 2 days prior to going on Safari
- Should there be a cancellation received after payment has been made and within 3 workings days of going on Safari, this will incur a 50% cancellation fee.
- Any booking that is cancelled within 24 hours of departure will incur a 100% cancellation fee.
- In the case of a cancellation where a 3rd party, Lodge, Destination or Operator is involved, such as accommodation, flights, transfer shuttles or coaches, the prevailing Lodge, destination or Operators cancellation policy will apply.
On acceptance and payment of your Day Safari you willingly acknowledge and accept the following conditions:
1. I voluntarily agree to participate in the afore-mentioned activity arranged and provided by Safari Trading Pty Ltd and conducted in the Kruger National Park and surrounding areas. 2. My general health is good and there is nothing that renders me unfit to participate in the afovementioned activity. 3. I acknowledge that there are risks and danger involved in the aforementioned activity. 4. I understand that I will be transported by an Open Safari vehicle, which is exposed, and subject to the natural elements and road conditions. 5. I am aware of the hazards and distribution of malaria in Southern Africa and acknowledge that I will be entering a malaria area. 6. I am aware of the potential dangers of exposure to the sun - directly or indirectly - and that serious sunburn may result from unprotected exposure. 7. I accept Safaria Trading Pty Ltd as well as SANParks conditions of participation and I voluntarily assume the risk inherent in taking part in such a tour. I together with my heirs, executors and administrators hereby release Safaria Trading Pty Ltd, its officers, servants, agents and representatives, from any liability, in connection with my participation in any tour, and from any liability or claims that could accrue to me or my heirs, executors and administrators arising out of my participation in the tour or in any related activities irrespective of whether such claim or claims arose through the negligence of any person, or from any of the risks, dangers or hazards inherent in an African Safari tour, or of any loss of, or damage to, any property from any cause whatsoever and I further indemnify and hold harmless Safaria Trading Pty Ltd.
For Lodge Bookings:
Provisional bookings will hold for a maximum of 7 days after which there will be an automatic release of the space.
Safaria Reserved Rights
In the event that Safaria, at any time, receives another firm enquiry, accompanied by the payment of a 25% deposit, seeking available accommodation being held by any of the lodges in its collection for the Guest, then Safaria reserves the right to request the Guest to immediately release the said accommodation; or Pay a non-refundable deposit to the relevant lodge in the sum equivalent to 25% of the full account, so as to secure the reservation.
In the event of a refund, the final refund payment will exclude bank charges / currency fluctuations incurred when payment was received by Safaria. This however, does not include credit card merchant charges.Safaria. This however, does not include credit card merchant charges.
Travel Cancellation Insurance
Guests are obliged to ensure that they have taken out (or the travelling guest has taken out) adequate travel insurance to cover the financial implications of Safaria and its Lodges Cancellation Terms and Conditions. The Guest will bear the sole and absolute responsibility therefore.implications of Safaria and its Lodges Cancellation Terms and Conditions. The Guest will bear the sole and absolute responsibility therefore.
General Accommodation Cancellation Policy:(Please note that the prevailing Lodges Cancellation Policy will apply)
Looking for Camera Equipment Rentals and Gear?
Optional transfers available
We offer guests transfer options in luxury airconditioned SUVs from Johannesburg to the Thornybush Private Nature Reserve as well as from Hoedspruit Airport, KMIA (Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport) and O.R.Tambo International Airport.
Need a transfer, drop us your information here
We will get back to you shortly
Tel: +27 (0) 83 556 7249 or +27 (0) 83 593 8184
[contact-form-7 id="517" title="Transfer form"]