If there was a award for best panorama view for camp it would go to Olifants. Situated high up on a ridge that overlooks the mighty Olifants river, the views are endless and carry all the way east towards the confluence of the Letaba and out to Mozambique. From the Camp you can see Elephant and a variety of antelope making their daily commute for water. Hippo, Crocodile and a abundance of water birds line the river banks with large Baobabs dotting the savanna.
The Camp is located in a transition zone known as Olifants rugged veld which very quickly becomes apparent when travelling from the north or south through the area. Its an area the divides the southern thornveld and northern mopane veld but still offers a unique an diverse environment to appreciate.
Key Mammal species in this area include :
Key Bird species in this area include :
- Pels Fishing Owl
- Green-backed Heron
- Collard Sunbird
- Red-winged Starling
- Yellow-billed Kite
The Camp Accommodation :
- 105 x 2, 3 or 4-bed units, equipped with en-suite ablutions (most with showers, but some with baths) and all units with air-conditioning. Some units have kitchenettes while others have communal kitchens. Some are located on the perimeter edge with a wonderful vista of the river below. Please state your preferences of kitchen or view when booking.
- 2 x 4-bed units (2 single beds in each bedroom), equipped with two bathrooms (one en-suite), air-conditioning, lounge/dining area, large veranda and outside braai (barbeque) area. The open air kitchen has a cooker plate and no microwave oven, dining room/lounge and outside braai facility, fridge/freezer combination, sink, cooking utensils, crockery and cutlery. More over you have a choice of with or without riverside view.
- These are large luxury units in prime positions, both with spectacular river view and several lookout decks. There are well-equipped kitchens (with microwave ovens), multiple bedrooms and bathrooms. Limited channel DSTV televisions are provided.
- Nshawu: Sleeps 8, with 4 bedrooms (2 single beds in each room)
- Lebombo: Sleeps 8, with 4 bedrooms (1 queen size bed and 2 single beds in the other rooms)